Friday, May 15, 2009

wacky kids


Here are some pictures of my kids and their posters. Most of them are from an project I gave them where they had to create a new invention and then present it in TV commercial format. This is my new Japanese kids group: Yuna, Rin, Masaya, and Ikumi.

This was their invention, a mask that enhances the natural senses of the wearer. For being my newest students, they did a great job; they even made a real mask.

This one is from Helen, June, and Soohyun. They had a magic door that could take you anywhere in the world. Note the penguin interface. In a total coincidence, I saw Helen in a random bookstore when I was in Seoul. Then I visited her grandmother's museum. I'll give you the full details in the Korea post, but it was a kinda amazing experience.


Battleship Yamato from Chie, Takashi, JH, and Rex. Who's going to buy this, I asked them. Anyone! they responded. What about terrorists? Sure! We'll sell it to anyone!


My blog is doing that annoying thing again where the pictures won't post correctly, but this is the Lazy Chair from Andrew, Leo, Joyce, and Jenny. It has a speaker, tv, arms to help you do homework--the works.

A time travel clock (perhaps lifted from the Treehouse of Horror Simpsons episode I showed them a few days before).

This is from my Korean boys, and I still can't figure out what exactly it is. They tell me that it can turn into anything. "Anything?"
"Yes, it can turn into another Mr. Wong to teach us!"

Ah, the Nick Key. A key that will open any door.

Hayabusha, a hovering bike that you should not ride unless "you want to suicide yourself"
The Help Driving Robot, from Korean girls Betty, YeSeul, and Stella

Hmm, a strange-looking pen from what's left of the Japanese Triangle: Maki, Rika, with hong kong girl Judy added on.

This from another Jenny, a drawing bunny.


Actually from my ecology & evolution class. A poster from four Japanese girls depicting Darwin's theory.

JiYoon. He got a 96 despite bad handwriting.

Shone (he of "emission" fame). He did manage a 91.

1 comment:

Uncle Charlie said...

Hi All.... Rainy Sat morning in The Great State Of NJ.... I was looking at your students papers "cool". It seems that kids are the same no matter were you are. Ya got to love them all... Have a great day.. Much Love, Uncle Charlie